Calgary’s Reebok Drop Box Event!
On Thurs. Sept. 13 at 2:00 pm at Eau Claire Market, CrossFit Calgary will be hosting a Reebok Drop Box WOD!! Reebok will provide everything from the equipment to great swag and prizes. The WOD is as follows and will be lead by CFC coaches. So, bring your friends, colleagues and family out and let’s show Calgary what the CFC community has in spirit and in sweat! 3, 2, 1…GO!!
CFC’s Reebok Drop Box WOD will be:
As Many Rounds and Reps in 10 minutes:
1st complete (buy-in):
25 Thrusters - 135#/95#
25 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
Then in the remaining time complete as many rounds of:
100m Farmers Walk - 2.0 pood/1.5 pood Kettlebell/hand
10 Box Jumps - 30″/24″
10 Knees to Elbows
10 Wallballs - 20#/14#
Workout can be completed as an individual or in teams of 2, 3 or more.
$25 Members/$40 Non-members
Warm-up starts at 9:30
WODs will take place from 10:00am - 4:00pm
InterGalactic ThrowDown CrossFit Competition February 5, 2011
Saturday February 5, 2011
Proceeds to benefit the New Hope Dog Rescue, Thunder Bay, ON
9:30am Gym Opens (there is a Kids class until 9:30 so please don’t plan to arrive earlier than this)
10:00am Workouts start
12:30-1:30 (lunch break, Intro to CrossFit class)
1:30 Workouts resume
3:30 Results, closing
Note to competitors wishing to compete in the “Inter-Galactic Division”: We will forward on your results to scoring HQ. You do not need to provide video of your workouts. All competitors please note that it is optional to have your results forwarded on- we will not do so unless you ask us to.
Are being announced Wednesday here.
Register in our online store
Late entries welcome! Spectators welcome (no charge)! Bidding on the Silent Auction items has started and will close at the end of the competition.
8:30am - CFC opens for Kids & Teens
8:45am - Kids competition start
9:45am - Teens competition start
10:30am - Adult warm-up start
11am - Adult competition start
3:30pm - Closing ceremonies
Scaling is allowed!
WOD1 - Scored as 3 separate workouts
A. In 5 minutes:
Row 750m / Teens 600m/ Kids 400m
AMRAP Wallballs – 20# men / 14# women / male Teens 10# / female Teens 8# / Kids 6# and 4#
With a continuously running clock immediately start on B.
B. As many reps in 5 minutes:
10 Box jumps – 24” men/20” women/20” male teens/ 12” female teens/ 12” male kids/12” female kids
10 Knees to Elbows – will be scaled for Kids and Teens i.e. jumping K2E’s
This first WOD would be scored as (1) your row, (2) number of wallballs and (3) reps for B.
WOD 2 (Adults only)
Heaviest Load in 10 minutes:
OHS – Can choose the weights (plates) you want prior to start, but everyone starts with no weight on bar (from a rack).
Prizes include an Entrepreneur’s Boot Camp ($1,500 value!!!), 20kg Rogue barbell with bumper plates ($500+ value), Massages from EK Massage ($70+ value), a 1-month CFC Membership ($225 value), OPT supplements, write jump ropes and more! Prize winners will be drawn at RANDOM from ALL participants! Register in our Online Store or email firstname.lastname@example.org
WODs 1 & 2
AMRAP in 10 minutes:
For load: Max Clean in 2 minutes*
*2 minute clock starts immediately after Cindy
In Teams of 4 for time:
400m run with 135# (barbell, 2 25# bumpers, 2 15# bumpers, 2 5# plates, 2 clips)
150 Wallballs (20#/14#)
CFC2 - Saturday February 27, 2010
Warm-up start time: Use open gym time starting at 10:30am
WOD#1/2 - 1pm to 2:30pm (please be ready to go no later than 2pm- that will be the latest starting time)
(Format will be like CFC1- you can show up anytime and do your WOD when a station is available- there will not be assigned heat times)
WOD#3 - 3:30 to 5pm
WOD # 1 - “Pick it up!”
- Each team will have 10 minutes for each individual to achieve a 1RM deadlift
- Each team will have 1 bar and a set of weights to themselves
- Team members are responsible for loading their own bar
- The weight of each attempt much be confirmed with the judge prior to the attempt
- Each team member can make as many or as little attempts as they wish within the 10 minute time frame
- For a lift to count, the knees and hips must be fully locked out with the shoulder behind the bar
- In this event, dropping of the weight will NOT be allowed, the athlete must control the bar to the ground for the lift to count
- With each attempt the judge must declare the lift complete before the athlete lowers the weight back to the ground (details provided at competition)
- Your final attempt must be completed in full prior to time being expired (i.e. if you start your lift at 9:55, the weight must be locked out and returned to the ground prior to time expiring for the lift to count)
- Your team score will be the combined weight in pounds between the maximum weight achieve by each athlete
WOD # 2 - “Team Rhiannon”
- The second WOD will start IMMEDIATELY following WOD #1
- Each team will have 10 minutes to complete as many double unders as possible in 10 minutes
- Only one member of the team at a time can be doing work (skipping)
- Each team member will have their own rope
- A judge will count all reps
- Your score will be the total number of reps achieved in the 10 minute time period
WOD # 3 - “Do work”
- This WOD is a “chipper” that will be announced Saturday
- Scoring for this WOD will be your time in seconds
80 Burpees (chest to deck)
60 SDLHP 95/65lbs (bar to chin)
40 K2E’s (both knees touch elbows)
20 Snatch 95/65lbs
60 Shoulder to Overhead 95/65lbs
80 Box Jumps 24”/20”
100 Sit-ups (chest to thigh)
There are 3 separate divisions. Male/male, Male/Female, Female/Female
WOD 1 Score = X
WOD 2 Score = Y
WOD 3 Score = Z
Final Score = Z - (X + Y)
LOWEST score wins!
CFC’s First Member Competition - CFC1
A photo gallery has been created for CFC1. Click here to view.
“QUICK ‘n DIRTY”
The quick: Row 750m
The dirty: AMRAP Burpees in 3 minutes
In “Quick ‘n Dirty” you will row 750m and immediately following you will do as many burpees as possible in 3 mins. You must remain on the rower until the meter countdown reaches 0. The 3 minute clock starts at 0 meters. Although the row and AMRAP burpees are done as one workout, they will score as two separate WODs.
Scoring: You will receive a rank for each WOD (1, 2 ,3… to X) based on your time/reps compared to all other male/female competitors. Your ranks from all three workouts will then be added together for a final score. Lowest score wins. Tie breaker goes to WOD1 rank. Further tie breaker goes to burpees.
Thank you to everyone who made our CFC 1 aka Mack’s Challenge a huge success!
We raised over $1000 for the “Memory of Linda Davey“
Congratulations to Lynette for winning the 6 month membership!
Thanks to all the event sponsors; McDonald Luxurious Custom Homes, Lululemon, Optimum Performance Training, John Sidhu, 140.6, and of course Mack Kay for putting his 6 month membership up for grabs and sparking this whole competition to begin with!